My first Whole30 is almost done! If you would have asked me 30 days ago about my relationship with food, my answer would have been so much different than it is today. I can’t wait to share final reflections and thoughts.
For week 1 and week 2, I shared a play by play of each meal and snack I consumed. I hope this was helpful for those considering a Whole30. I know in preparing, I have looked at so many blog posts with meal ideas! Journaling my meals has been extremely helpful for me in that it reminds me that I have options in what I eat and keeps me from eating the same meal each day.
That said, I stopped recording each meal this week and am just sharing some general meals I enjoyed.
Still lots of eggs and warm chia pudding. I ate chia pudding 2 days this week, and the rest were all eggs. Heavy dependence on a baked frittata (made on Sunday), which I reheated 2 more days. I added lots of veggies to our eggs, like: mushrooms, spinach, kale, and peppers. I’ve also been topping the eggs with avocado and salsa most mornings.
Lots of soups. Making specific meals on prep day that will be used for lunches is such a game changer for me. I used to depend on leftovers, but I am getting into a rhythm of preparing meals to reheat just for lunches. Favorite lunches include:
- salad topped with guacamole, boiled egg, deli turkey, or homemade turkey patties.
- soup: veggie, chili, or a chicken & veggies
- grilled chicken sausage and roasted vegetables
- Veggie stir-fry and grilled chicken
- This YUMMY buffalo chicken casserole
- Turkey & spinach stuffed sweet potato
- Taco bowls with cauliflower rice, spicy shredded chicken, sautéed spinach, peppers, and onions. Topped with olives and guacamole.
- Lots of baked potatoes – either white or sweet potatoes
- Larabars – apple pie and pecan pie are my favorite
- Fruit and almond butter
- Sliced veggies (peppers, carrots, cucumber, celery) and guacamole
- Hot tea with a spoonful of coconut cream
This style of eating has become so much easier. I find making meals isn’t as challenging and I am feeling more creative. I don’t miss much (except cheese!) and my sugar craving is so much better. I don’t feel as though I am missing out as much, and AR & I are able to go out to eat with less stress.
I also feel awesome. Nothing magical or life changing, but I feel better. I can tell I’ve lost a little weight, but even more than that, I don’t feel bloated at all. I also feel my workouts are stronger and my energy levels are more consistent. My skin hasn’t had a miracle breakthrough, but oh well. You can’t win them all.
Are you considering trying a Whole30?